Sunday 21 October 2007

William Blake in Soho

William Blake tour

Ama, myself and a few others took a marvellous tour of William Blake's London led by Niall McDevitt (recommended as both guide and drinking companion). We started in Mayfair, criss-crossed Soho and ended in the Strand, where the doorway to Blake's last house on earth is now the staff entrance to the Savoy Hotel. Actually we ended in the Coalhole sitting next to where Richard Harris used to sup ale.

I took some pictures and blogged them. They can be seen here ( http://blakeinsoho.blogspot.com)

The Major questioned our going but I argued we should not allow petty saboteurs to co-opt the very spirit of our BLAKE. I insisted he joined us but he was unable as, most curiously for a Sunday, parking attendants clamped his land-tank. He swore they must be recruited Saboteurs but surely that's not possible?

Niall is helping with a 250th birthday party for Blake on the steps of his House on 28th November. I'll be there.